Measuring Total Lengths.
|Top Previous Next|
It is often useful to measure the travel distance between two points in the cave. Since passages often curve around, you cannot measure travel distance by measuring the straight-line distance between two points. For this reason, the Viewer allows you to measure distances one shot at a time and total the result.
Measuring Distances. To measure the distance along a curving passage carryout the following steps:
1. Press the "Clear" button to clear the total distance.
2. Enable the "Alternate Cursor" option.
3. Move the cursor to the starting point
4. Click-on the "Near Station" button.
5. Move the cursor to the next station.
6. Click-on the "Near Station" button again.
7. Press the "Add" button.
Repeat steps 5, 6, and 7 until you reach the destination. The Total displayed will be the travel distance between the two points.