|Top Previous Next|
Converting Files involves six steps:
1. Select A Plot File. You begin by selecting a plot file (*.plt) for conversion. You do this by selecting the “File|Open” option from the menu bar. This will read the plot file and display the contents in the Survey Tree. The Survey Tree allows you to verify that you are dealing with right data.
2. Select A File Type. Once a plot file has been read into the program, you need to select the type of file you want to export. You then select the type of file you want to export. Currently, there are three types:
3. Set File Options. Each file type has several parameters that control the details of the file that will be exported. You need to set the parameters for the file type you are going export:
d. KML Options
4. Set Passage Model. All files types can export the cave as a 3D representation of the passages. As a result, there are many options that govern how the 3D will be represented. If you are exporting a 3D passage model, you should set the passage wall options.
5. Units. All files can be exported in either feet or meters. The unit option appears at the bottom of window. Just select the option that is appropriate to your application.
6. Exporting. The final step is to export the file. You do this by pressing the button on the page that applies to the file type you are exporting.
7. Working With External Software. Once the have exported the files, you will be able to read it into one or more programs that support the file type. Here is some information about using each file type: